Friday, September 16, 2011

First MTC Communication!



The golden ticket to get into the MTC--recovered Immunization Record!

  
Last Wave!
Dear Friends and Family,
 
I hope this email makes it--my companion and I just got back from the temple and went straight to the lab, but I totally forgot to bring the piece of paper that had my Mom's email address! The only address I could remember off the top of my head was my own.  My first email from the MTC is to myself.  Oh dear.

First and foremost, I LOVE THE MTC!  My companion is Sister Bauer, from Orem, Utah, and the only weakness in our companionship is that we might have a little too much fun.  Yesterday we were both wearing long skirts and while we walked down the hall our skirts made this whump whump sound.  Sis. B's skirt was a little louder than mine so I bragged that if I walked a little faster my skirt would deafen her's.  I took a deep breath, stretched my arms, and then took two great long steps.  My efforts were rewarded with one very long rip down the middle of my skirt.  We laughed so hard we almost collapsed in the hallway.

My other roommates are Sis. Rovelsky and Sis. Evans. Here's a bit about them.

Sis. R: Her father once vomited on Mitt Romney.
Sis. E: She's from Canada. She thinks it's odd that there's so many American flags every where.

We've already taught four lessons in Korean to our little investigator (Ee yong ho).  Our "investigator" is actually a volunteer, and I know him from an old ward I was in.  We both smiled really big when I walked in, but stuck to our role play.  He's a good 'ol Korean. 

I love speaking Korean, and get so excited to learn every day!  Before I fell asleep last night I was whispering "I have a message about Christ," and "You want some food?" to myself in Korean.  Our district has the most sisters than any of the others and it's a spiritual fiesta every day.  We have only three Elders in our class and they make me laugh all the time.  Elder Lee was born in Korea, Elder Robinson studied at West Point, and Elder Greer was adopted from Thailand when he was four.  I've also made friends with some Mandarin speaking Elders at Gym Time and they've made me "their" official sister in our daily volleyball game. 

Holy cow, I only have 5 minutes and 43 seconds left to write!  Time honestly flies like a crazy thing here, Sis. B and I at the end of the day always stand by our beds and just smile at how quickly the days go by here. Actually, each minute is pretty slow but the day itself zips by like nothing...I don't know if that makes sense? All in all, I am so thankful to be here.  I'm in love with being a missionary.  Absolutely in love.

I need to get going but I love you all so much. 

Thanks again and again for the letters and packages!  My whole class and I have been inhaling the no-bake cookies.  I'm a celebrity among chocolate lovers here.

Love, love, love,


Sis. Washburn    



Good-byes!


1 comment:

  1. I remember brother 이영호 . . . Wow, It blows my mind that he's still there. This whole post brings it all back, actually. Wow.

    ReplyDelete