Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter

We watched General Conference this weekend at our stake center and it was so wonderful! So many great talks. I was so spiritually pumped afterward! During the Sunday Afternoon Session one of the speakers mentioned the opportunity we have to reflect on the Savior's life during Easter and it got me thinking. After a few seconds I finally turned to the woman next to me (who's from Utah--she's an English teacher here and was my temporary companion while my real companion was in the Korean session) and asked, "Wait, so when's Easter again?"

She looked shocked. "It's today. You didn't know?"

"Today!"

I was totally out of the loop.

There are a lot of Christians here in Seoul but Easter isn't really celebrated the same way. After explaining some of the things we would do growing up for Easter to my companion she suddenly asked me why a rabbit would deliver eggs. I wasn't sure what to say. She also asked me what P.E.Z. stands for, as in P.E.Z. candy. What does P.E.Z. stand for? 

Anyway, Happy Easter!

It's officially spring here in Korea. I can already tell that it's going to be absolutely beautiful! There are little brightly colored buds on all of the trees and the air smells like grass. I'm not wearing a scarf today and I feel so free. 

This week has been a little bumpy. A lot of our investigators suddenly dropped us and we've been trying really hard to not get discouraged. But everything will work out, and we'll keep working hard and talking to EVERYONE! "It's true, isn't it? Then that's all that matters."--Sorry, had to put in at least one reference from General Conference :)

Love you all! 

Sister Washburn 

No comments:

Post a Comment