I made a new friend this weekend, her name is Madeline.
And she is in love with Rob Lowe.
I learned a lot about life, love, and The West Wing from Madeline. Here's a summary of our conversation:
Madeline: (clutching a Home and Garden magazine, picture of Rob on cover) I'm not ashamed to say I love him. I think he's dashing. Here, (hands me the magazine) look at him.
Me: (flips to his article) I think he might be married--he has "wife details" in his house.
Madeline: (leans over to look) Like what?
Me: Like that puffy patio furniture. (turns a couple pages) And he has a polka dot message board in the kitchen.
Madeline: Let me see.
Me: He has nice taste though. I'd live in that house.
Madeline: I don't care that he's married. I love him.
Me: He's probably forty five now.
Madeline: I know. I definitely have a thing for middle-aged men.
Me: Really?
Madeline: Yeah. I don't know what it is...
Me: It's biology.
Madeline: How?
Me: Well, he's old enough to afford a nice house, life insurance and cute kitchen details. Your instincts tell you he's a good provider. That he'd protect your babies from coyotes. Things like that.
Madeline: And he has a nice jaw line.
Me: (looks at cover again) That's true too.
I think my instincts are telling me to eat more red meat.
And to buy a lavender cashmere sweater.

I love this. I love you. The End.
ReplyDelete:)
You're adorable Bekah-sue. I [heart] you.
ReplyDeletehaha Bekah you always make me laugh!!
ReplyDeletehahahaha loved this!
ReplyDelete