Friday, November 19, 2010

I found a giggle-ghost at the office

My office is haunted!

It is, I swear.

On Fridays I'm normally the only one downstairs for hours and hours at a time, and it gets pretty lonely. When the mailman stops by at noon I desperately try to think of something clever to say so he'll stay and chat with me.  It sounds manipulative. But it's not. Needless to say, it gets pretty quiet in the office, so when I came in this morning I decided to do all of my vacuuming right away, as soon as I got in. I didn't want it to be too quiet too early in my shift. So I rolled the vacuum out of the storage closet, plugged it into the wall, and smiled as the steady hum replaced the silence.

I was thinking about my mom's homemade salsa when the vacuum turned off. I looked down the power cord to the outlet and saw that it hadn't been pulled out of the wall. The vacuum turned back on again after that, so I shrugged it off and focused on the carpet again. Two seconds later, my whole body tensed. I felt the skin over my ribs pull tight. I shivered, looked up, and heard someone giggle behind me--I swear I did! Right after that the light above me went out and I screamed like nobody's business.

When my friend, Shannon, got to the office a couple minutes later I told her the whole story and we decided that we are definitely being haunted. The upside is I won't be so alone anymore. If I ever get lonely I can just pull out my ouija board, turn on the vacuum and have a little one-on-one time.

I like to make friends with people from all walks of life.

Well, and death.

I don't judge.
 

2 comments:

  1. Bekah, have you tried sharing your candy with the ghost? ... Darn! I think there is a joke there, oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should try! But what do you think a ghost would like--peppermints? Jolly Ranchers?
    Plasma...?

    ReplyDelete